Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination for the TAM Awards! Nominations are now closed. The TAM awards committee will be meeting shortly to evaulate nominations and winners will be announced at the Awards Luncheon on October 23, 2018.
The "Driver of the Year Award” is open to both fixed route and demand-response drivers who have been employed by their respective organization since June 2017. Driving must constitute at least 75% of a nominee’s daily tasks. All nominees must be drivers employed by current TAM member organizations.
Nominations must include the following information:
- Start Date
- Average work hours per week
- Miles driven per week (average)
- Passenger trips per week (average)
- Supporting nomination in paragraph form telling us why this driver is deserving of this award.
The "Outstanding Leadership Award" is intended for an employee of a current TAM member organization who:
- Demonstrates innovation and creativity relating to organizational leadership and continuous improvement, leading to a positive impact on transportation.
- Leads the organization in setting vision and values.
- Inspires the organization and others to achieve high performance.
- Earns recognition, awards, citations, etc., by other entities in the field of transportation.
- Nominations must include a supporting narrative justifying the nomination.
The 'Friend of Transit Award' is intended to recognize a person, not necessarily directly employed by a TAM member, but an individual or group whose contributions have nevertheless helped move community transportation in Maryland forward.