Do you know about an employee whose contributions go above and beyond the call of duty? A driver whose professionalism and service are an example to all? A leader who has transformed their organization? Nominate them for a TAM Excellence Award!
Nominations must be submitted by September 7, 2018!
Every year at our Annual Conference (our 30th year!) we recognize excellence in Maryland's transit community. Each year, the TAM subcommittee solicits nominations from its members to determine who will be honored for making a difference in Maryland community transportation.
All winners will be awarded a free one-day registration to the conference for October 23, 2018 to attend that day’s events (with one night lodging at the conference hotel), which includes the Awards presentation.
Nominations may be submitted online here or by completing and returning the linked nomination form here along with supporting nomination materials. We encourage supplemental information such as recognitions, awards, testimonials, news clippings, and/ or other supporting information.
The "Driver of the Year Award” is open to both fixed route and demand-response drivers who have been employed by their respective organization since June 2017. Driving must constitute at least 75% of a nominee’s daily tasks. All nominees must be drivers employed by current TAM member organizations.
Nominations must include the following information:
- Start Date
- Average work hours per week
- Miles driven per week (average)
- Passenger trips per week (average)
- Supporting nomination in paragraph form telling us why this driver is deserving of this award.
The "Outstanding Leadership Award" is intended for an employee of a current TAM member organization who:
- Demonstrates innovation and creativity relating to organizational leadership and continuous improvement, leading to a positive impact on transportation.
- Leads the organization in setting vision and values.
- Inspires the organization and others to achieve high performance.
- Earns recognition, awards, citations, etc., by other entities in the field of transportation.
- Nominations must include a supporting narrative justifying the nomination.
The 'Friend of Transit Award' is intended to recognize a person, not necessarily directly employed by a TAM member, but an individual or group whose contributions have nevertheless helped move community transportation in Maryland forward.
Nominations must include a supporting narrative justifying the nomination.
1. Only TAM members are eligible to submit nominations.
2. TAM members may make multiple nominations.
3. Deadline for nomination submissions is September 7, 2018.
4. Submissions must include all completed forms and requested information.
5. Winners will be notified no later than September 21, 2018.
6. Awards will be presented at TAM’s Awards Luncheon during the 2018 TAM Conference at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club on Tuesday, October 23, 2018.
7. Questions can be directed to John Duklewski at (410) 553-4245 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for nominating!